The Best Kind of Busy

Greetings Comrades,

So much to discuss, so little time. The Creative Collective is getting very real, very fast. I am excited to announce we have our meetup page up; 104 members and counting in less than 10 days! Very exciting to know I have found something that was greeted with such excitement from the community. I am very excited about what is to come. I am going to do my best to make sure it is a beneficial, positive thing that helps everyone's bottom line. I am very excited about our Forum, which also got a mention in the Citizen Times. Woot Woot!

Since The Creative Collective is getting serious, we obviously needed a serious logo, which I was happy to take care of. I will admit it wasn't my favorite to start. I really did think it was the best solution in the end. It does have abstract representation, the dots being people and the lines being connections of prosperity and collaboration. To top it all off, it looks pretty cool and professional too.
Creatie Collective Asheville Logo
Also, the Carbon Sitars website is up and running which I had a hand in. Check out his custom Suibokuga sitar build; it is amazing to see it come together. It will be completed shortly, and I am excited to hear and see it. In addition, I helped design the Japanese style peg head inlay. After making this website, I have been getting asked more and more to do web work and I am starting to agree to take it on. A paid gig is a paid gig.


Suibokuga Carbon Fiber Sitar

Being a designer, I know that sometimes you are paired with a client that isn't getting exactly what they are looking for. In those situations, sometimes another designer can be brought on to do some extra comps. I have been that designer as of late, and let me tell you, I really enjoyed doing it. Why? Because, it was simple and hassle-free. I got to design my best solution as to what they wanted, send it off, and was done. They wanted an abstract bridge and an arch to represent the following quote made by Martin Luther King Jr:

"The arch of the universe is long but it bends towards justice"

 The following is my solution. I don't know if it will be the chosen design but I had fun doing it.
That is all for now, I hope everyone in the Asheville area stays safe during the snowpocalypse. While everyone else is having a snow day, I will still be working. Ah, the joys of a home office. I hope everyone makes some time to get creative, while enjoying their snow day. 

Much love,
Kiere


No comments:

Post a Comment