Staying True To My Promises!

Hello Friends! 


I hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July. Mine was fairly uneventful but pleasant to say the least. I could have done with fewer mosquito bites but, being delicious is my life. My updated website is now live and I am pleased with the results. Maybe you are reading this from my website since that is just one of the new features that I have added. If only it had taken me less time to finish it but getting all my work together was a more daunting task then I had anticipated. It is a good feeling having it done though, give it a look and let me know what you think! 


Not only have I updated my website, I have updated my camera from a point and shoot to an actual SLR so my projects should translate better when photographed! Yay! That is another reason for taking my time on a new post simply because it would be worth the wait for the improved image quality. 


The Drunken Noodle EGF latest menu variation has some unique finishing options that I had wanted to do for a while, I was always unsuccessful in finding a printer that could do what I had envisioned. What I was looking for was a silk lamination with a spot uv, which if you are unfamiliar is a matte, silky to the touch, lamination with a gloss on certain area's. I love the tactile feel of the gloss and silky matte, as well as it's visual appeal. The best feature is it's toughness when using menus liquids and smudges are inevitable so being durable is important. The silk lamination is the ideal solution without the added cheapness that regular lamination can cause. 
DN EGF dine-in menu


Detail of the spot uv on silk lamination
The dine in menu as you can see from the photos has a blind spot uv on the top of the menu. The food images are glossy as well as other small elements. I was extremely happy to have found a printer that was able to accommodate my vision. The main problem that arose when trying to find a printer was the 12x16 size. Silk lamination is a new treatment that is often used in business cards and small post cards so finding a printer that could print larger then an 8.5x11 was more challenging then I had anticipated. As well as the new menus DN EGF had been planning on offering dim sum on Sundays so they didn't want it in the menu but a card to give in addition to the menu.


Dim Sum menu card with matte lamination


In my last post I talked about the re-branding of Leela Thai Cuisine to Leela Thai and Vegetarian Cuisine. With the new menu they also needed a new take out menu. It has the same gate-fold opening that the menu books have, I think it is a nice tie in.
Leela take out front and back
Take out inside spread
I think that about covers it for now. With my website up and running it is set up far better for me to add work. My blogs might go back to news and thoughts touching on projects that are in the works. As always, I welcome any comments or thoughts! 


Xx
Kiere

1 comment:

  1. Hi, LOVE the menu, beautiful work!!!
    We are looking for a printer to print a larger format menu with Silk lamination and spot UV, who did you find, we are running into the same situation largest sheet size they offer is 11 x 17 we are looking for 11x25
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete