Another Wednsday down, just a billion or so left...


Hello Friends, 

I have been keeping myself busy as of late. Burning the candle at both ends if you will, but it has been paying off. So there are so many things that I can write about. 

First I would like to say I know that I am new at this and I try/work really hard, while (hopefully) making it look easy. Sometimes, it is, but other times, it is not. So, as you can imagine (that is if I am succeeding at making this look easy) I get questions on how I did it. How do I know how deal with clients, charge, and design on my own? I would like to say I did it through my own hard work, determination, and little help from others (besides the professors I was paying to teach me at school...I was paying them a lot of money). There was a lot I didn't know when I started out on my own. I jumped in feet first well... I tested the water and then jumped in. I can say that I did my very best not to let the same mistake happen twice, and learn/grow from it. I am still learning and will continue to do so but I do have a high learning curve. (while saying this as modestly as possible) So my whole point is if you "know" what you want to do, then just find out how you can(don't depend on others). How cool is it that I can work with Eleanore all day, while in my sweats?(if I don't have client meetings)... pretty awesome... find out what it is your awesome at, and find a way to incorporate it into your career! You will thank yourself!

Ok, Wednesday(I hate Wednesdays, worst day of the week, consecutively) motivational speech over. Moving on...

As I had promised The Little Bangkok menu is in it's final tweaking stages. I worked really hard on it and think it turned out well. How this project worked is there was already existing embossed Wasabi menus that I making new menu layout for and I also designed an additional insert page for the menu. The restaurant started out as Wasabi and Little Bangkok, sushi and Thai, two restaurants for the price of one... So since Wasabi was on the menu and Little Bangkok on the signage. So, I had Little Bangkok logotype screen printed and embossed on the new insert The Little Bangkok would stick out from the top and the Traditional Thai food being featured on the insert..
Insert Mock Up (existing menu has matching photo corners)
Insert Page Content




















 So insert pages for the menu were completely redesigned from layout to content. My client had let me hire photographers for shooting the food in the past and I was able to use them in the menu in a very dynamic way. When working with good copy and photos it is a lot easier to concentrate on the layout and design since I didn't have to worry about making the bad photo look better. Just because you have a camera it doesn't make you a photographer.

First Page Spread
Back page spread


I also designed a table new drink menu for them. The amount of content they wanted to add to the menu left the menu extremely cramped even with the new insert page. So I decided to go with a three sided a frame table menu (fancy name for triangle shaped menu) 



 So They are are pretty close to done I plan on playing around with trying some different colors the headings and font... maybe making the Wasabi letter forms into a full fledged typeface. Only time will tell I suppose..

So I have new projects in the mix now to early to start talking about any of them. I am tired, but glad my bills are getting paid... 

Speak Soon,
XxKiere

No comments:

Post a Comment