Back at it!

So I haven't been writing and I feel badly about it but I am on task! I shall stop North Dakota sorrying. (yep I did just say sorrying)

So since I have last wrote a lot has happened from moving to more clients. It has been a busy summer none the less. So where am I now you ask? I am finishing up my BFA project Zombie Defense Camp, It will be epic.. (Gallery opening December 9th from 4:00-6:00 show runs from December 2nd-16th) I am also doing freelance work for various small businesses and I am loving it! My sister is getting married in November too!(Congrats! Thanks for taking care of the nagging about having a baby!) Though at times the stress level is high I am managing.. so far.

So what have I learned in the last couple of months:
1.That lack of sunlight from living in a basement is hard on the soul, house plants, and pets.
2. When I can afford it I will have a massage therapist. (it will be grand)
3. Creative problem solving makes life easier.
4. Sign companies take FOREVER!
5. Printers need to be handled like children. (keep candy in your pockets and a smile on your face.)
6. A efficient clean workspace & caffeine are best for working. (I prefer coffee during the day then tea) 
7. Etsy, Amazon Prime, and Vista print are a great resources.
8. Sometimes you have to tell people no.
9. Organizational programs don't really work for me but writing stuff down does.
10. Take breaks when you need one.
11. Business cards do work.

So other things that I am currently thinking about?

I think meditation would help me sleep less and get more done. Anyone know any good books? I am getting a zen garden.

We shall see how that turns out.

Namaste..

2 comments:

  1. Number one was completely true for you! Number five is hilarious and thus my favorite. I'll be referring to number 10 whenever need be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you are blogging again. :)

    Kalle

    ReplyDelete