Menu Mania!

Hola Comrades!

Wow, I have been busy since I last posted. Sorry, for the gap in posts but unfortunately there are only so many hours in a day and I do need to sleep. In my defense I actually had started a new post back in October but then didn't get back to it until now since I was always planning on adding one more project to the post. I still don't have everything I would like post ready but, I am just going to commit and go with what I have. Otherwise my next update would be next year... which is only a couple of days away... but when I started this post it wasn't!


As the title of this blog goes it is called menu mania because that has been the bulk of what I have been working on. I have been using a new print shop that is amazing since I often have out of the ordinary printing requests. I always ask my self why be normal when you can do something extraordinary? Right, right?!
  
Drunken Noodle wanted to update their menu items so it was a perfect time to give the whole menu a refresh. Why do a regular take out menu when you can do a super fun take out menu that doubles as an origami project?  Oooo fun!

Directions portion is perforated for easy tear off to make noodle boat

Wasabi also updated their menus. These are the images for the insert pages which are in a menu book. The thing that is special about these is the custom font that I finished to match the Wasabi logo font. Let me tell you designing fonts it quite the task to undertake. But the results really speak for themselves..



 Since my last post Thai Orchid has gone through some major updates. New menu covers with a custom embossed letter head. With the custom letter head the menu is easily modified for seasonal items ect. 
Menu cover with de-bossed logo


Embossed letter head in menu detail photo

Embossed Orchid detail on opposite side of the letterhead

The signage and graphics were also updated. The site requirements on signage are limiting to say the least. So taking advantage of the windows to advertise is important. Since Thai Orchid is at a mall they get a lot of foot traffic and people around here can be a bit afraid of ethnic food so the window graphics are Thai food buzz words..



Wall Signage the letters are Halo lit currently in upgrade process since the proper lighting was miss estimated.

Little Bangkok got new menu books (they were using Wasabi menu books) as well. This was the perfect opportunity for them to update their menus as well. So that is what we did...

So that is the bulk of what I have been up to... I think this super long post makes up for my absence but as you know it could take me a while to get another one up. Unfourtanly for me blogging doesn't pay my bills designing does though! Happy Holdays!

Xx
Kiere

No comments:

Post a Comment